I've been taping recipes to the insides of my cupboard doors for years...and they are pretty messy looking. I found this idea tonight on the blog Maillordville Manor. Cork squares ....Perfect. Neat and convenient for all your faves.
I LOVE back to school supplies time! Everything is so cheap. This is the time of year when I stock up on basic supplies and a couple of things in particular - like zipper pencil cases. They are on sale right now for $1 at Walmart. I can usually find them for $1 at dollar stores year round. I use them for a million things:
1. Individual learning games for the grandkids - easy to use at their home or mine.
2. Travel bags - I have separate ones for creams and liquids that are screened at the airport that you have to pack separately. I have one for toothbrush, paste, floss etc. (easy to just pull out that at night )
3. One labelled RECEIPTS that is kept in the car....makes returns easy.
4. One labelled EATING OUT for coupons
5. Fill one with stamps, checkbook, mini calculator return address labels to use for paying bills or writing letters.
6. Separate pencils, pens, colored pencils, highlighters (of all types), markers, (washable and permanent), sharpies, erasers, paint brushes etc. Store upright in a drawer or shoe box
7. Little pieces to games - dice etc.
8. 1 per family member: social sec card, immunization info, passports. Put them all in an "ESSENTIAL INFO BINDER"
9. CRITICAL CAR INFO - in other words, you just got pulled over and you have to pull out the insurance info, etc. (I know about this one all too well)
10. Label one : "WHAT IS THIS?" for miscellaneous stuff that floats around the junk drawer that you want to throw out cuz you just know it's important but don't know where else to put it!!
NOW: Where to put these fabulous little organizers?
File in a shoe box ....or in a 3 ring binder .....or put a string or ribbon through one hole and hang it.
I buy a bunch this time every year - I LOVE THEM!
PLEASE write in the comments if you have any other uses for these little miracle organizers !!!
I learned a lot from this short presentation...worth the watch! I'm going to stop being so lazy that I must grab a plastic water bottle on the way out the door when I can have refillable bottles ready to go in the fridge. My fussiness is that I don't like drinking out of metal so I have a sturdy plastic one that washes up easily. I do think its smart to always have a couple of cases in storage in case of emergency though.